What is Mindfulness?
Put simply, mindfulness is a practice of focusing on being in the present moment and setting aside mental distractions. Research has shown that children who practice mindfulness experience the following benefits, among others:
- Improved attention span (great for school and homework)
- Greater compassion for themselves and others
- More capable of regulating their emotions
- Calmer in stressful situations
- Reduced anxiety or stress
About the Instructor
Lisa Toner is an accredited children's mindfulness teacher based in Dublin, Ireland. She holds a Diploma in Child Psychology and has Certifications in Suicide Alertness and Understanding Youth Mental Health. She spent 3.5 years as a volunteer at Childline and went on to found ETCH in 2017 where she develops products that help build positive mental health in children.